Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas Stockings


One of the first Blaglandians I met when I set out to discover what the world of Blogging is all about was Dawn of The Feathered Nest. Right from the very beginning she established herself in my rooting section. Always there to lend a helping hand or explain the ropes. In fact she, Laurie and Christina invited their readers to come by and introduce themselves. :c)

For me one of the many reasons I love being a part of Bloglandia is the the sharing, exchanging ideas, inspiration and encouragement we all freely give each other. It's so much fun to be among people where eccentric is normal. Where you aren't the only one who can't go anywhere without coming home with your pockets stuffed full of discarded "treasures" :c) Who have "now what can I do with this" tattooed on the inside of their eyelids. When asked "What in the world are you going to do with that?" know the only true answer is "I don't know, but I'm sure I'll think of something" ;c)

Oh yeah so what does this have to do with Christmas Stockings?? Well my Bloglandian sister Dawn asked if I could post a few more pictures of the stockings I made. Oh Dawn I would be more then happy to do that. In fact I am touched and honored that you might find a little glimmer of inspiration from them. That and it seems only right since I have used your art work for inspiration purposes!! :c). Here's my little faerie in a jar.





Gads there are sooooo many wonderful artists with such amazing creations to use for inspiration that there is no way you could run out of "Oh I can't wait to try"!!

So here Missy Dawn are the pictures. I drew the boot out on brown paper for the pattern. I do know that if I ever do them again I'll make the foot part of the boot a bit wider to support the long curved toe. With these I stuff fiber fill in the toes to keep them from falling over. Although I suspect if I removed the rather heavy ornament from the toe, they would have a better chance of pointing up :c) But dang it the ornaments are just too cute!!






I hope this helped. Dawn if you or anyone else uses the stockings as a point of inspiration please come back and share pictures of your creations!! So another day has come and gone which places up one day closer to Christmas... yikes!!! Have a wonderful day or evening depending on what part of the world you are in :c)

4 comments:

Antiques In Old Town said...

Oh how i enjoy Dawns creations too... Inspireing us to create our own treasures ! Your stockings are so FUN I love the pointed toes, but most of all the HEARTS hanging from them... Hope Santa fills them with lots of LOVE.

The Feathered Nest said...

OH Pattie! I LOVE them!!!! I just love the whimsical feel they have and their curly toes...thank you so very much for featuring them. What a great idea to stuff the toes too! Thank you so much for your sweet words, I'm inspired just as much by you and all of my blogging friends....it's such a wonderful cycle isn't it? (((hugs to you sweet friend))) xxoo, Dawn

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh Pattie...That is so stinkin cute!!! Hope you are having a wonderful week!! Laurie

LuLu Kellogg said...

Pattie...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the stockings!

I sent you two emails (check your spam and junk folders in case they took a detour)!

Isn't Dawn just awesome? :)

LuLu~*xoxo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin