Monday, October 27, 2008

I See Wonderful Things



For months I have been ordering things on line and having them sent to my son and his partner's house. And to be honest with you I even forgot all I had ordered. A few months back I discovered eBay :c} and according to LW life hasn't been the same since :c}. What I discovered on eBay was that all the old issues of Victoria Magazine could be found there!!! Well now how could I pass that up?? So there was 4 years of Victoria's waiting for me, and did you know that 12 Victoria's weigh 8lbs?? Now this is important when calculating the wt of things being packed to maintain your 50lb limit for the airlines!!! I'll have you know that I had 2 bags coming home which gave me a total of 100lbs. When Anders threw the bags up on the baggage scales it came out to..... 99.5lb :c} A half a pound to spare... what can I slip in..... ;c}. There was new sewing scissors, more memory for the computer,389 scrabble letters (you just can't have to many of those you know!!), a little of this and a little more of that.





But in all the delights waiting for me the ones I was looking forward to the most was the the birdie pin cushions Laurie at Laurie's Charming Designs had made for me !!! I fell in love with the baby shoe birdies the minute I saw the one she made for Dawn, The Feathered Nest. So I asked her to make one for me, and it's more then adorable don't you think?? Well now I got to thinking it would sure be nice to have a baby boy shoe to go with my baby girl shoe. And what do you know?? she had the cutest little brown birdie shoe on her etsy site :c} I have to say that just these two little guys were enough to make me smile but Laurie wasn't finished. She painted the wrapping on both parcels then filled them with 3 charms she had painted, an adorable wire and pearl nest, the nest painting and the little plate pumpkin painting I won in one of her givaways. AND the darling painted salt and pepper shakers she had placed on eBay!!! Woooooo Hoooooo I now have the cutest art corner to create in!!!






I also had 3 books from amazon.com waiting for me. I had pretty much made up my mind that I was going to order Robin Brown's book "A Bit of Velvet and a Dash of Lace" when I saw it advertised on her web site Magnolia Pearl. But after hearing my Bloglandian sisters talking about it (actually it was more like gushing ;c} ) I knew I had to have it. It is everything that was said about it!! The eye candy is beautiful!! Though Robin is just a bit more into layering then I am especially in this heat and humidity There are so many ideas to use as a spring board. The other 2 books were "Lifelines, Creating Memory Art To Chronicle Your Personal Connections" by Carol Wingert & Tena Sprenger, and "Art Making Collections & Obsessions" by Lynne Perrella. Both of these are filled with the most amazing art to inspire and "Lifelines" is full of tutorials :c}

I owe Dawn,The Feathered Nest a huge thank you for leading me to these 2 books. I
don't know how many of you know that over in the right sidebar of Dawn's blog she has a button that takes you to all of her favorite books. She has an amazing list that really helps the ferreting out processes. Be sure you check it out when you have time. :c}

Please have a good day or evening my Bloglandian friends depending on what part of the world you live in :c}

3 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

I'm glad you are so thrilled with your goodies...now I need to go check out these books! Laurie

The Feathered Nest said...

OMGoodness Pattie!!! What a haul from Laurie! Her work is beautiful and what a treasure trove you have now ~ anytime you need help spending your money, I'm happy to help!! :) Hope you have a wonderful day, xxoo, Dawn

LADY JANE said...

Pattie..Thanks for stopping in to visit and post (I love new friends!)
Your blog and "Su Casa" are beautiful! I hope you had a fabulous birthday..Happy late birthday! I am thinking perhaps I need to pack my bags... ( and fly like a lovely birdie from Lauries Charming Designs) come to sit on your lovely patio,hit some treasure sales with you,take some time for some altered art...and NEW FRIENDS...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin