Sunday, November 01, 2009

So This is "Northland"



You know that expression "Hit the ground running"??? Well that has been our life since we stepped off the plane in Charleston. We got in at 11:30pm on Thursday night. Hopped in a rental car and drove to Asheville North Carolina Friday morning. Helped Mette and Joe finish loading and cleaning to get out of their rental house. Everyone got back in the saddle yesterday (Saturday) and drove the 4 hours back down to Charleston for the final preparations for the wedding a week from today. :) While up in Asheville the cable company decided that there was no reason that the kids needed internet the last 2 days which made for a few interesting days. And to think it wasn't all that long ago that no one but the military had internet. Now we are lost without it! :)


I snapped a few pictures of fall in North Carolina. The color of the leaves are beautiful. But I will confess I would much rather enjoy those colors in a sunset on the beach by our house as the sun is setting!! :) For one thing it would be ever so much warmer. Just in case you didn't realise it, It is COLD here in Northland!!! These are the woods just on the other side of the porch at the kid's house in Asheville.



These are fallen leaves on the porch!!! Can you imagine. These are leaves that have fallen off of trees and will have to be raked up!!?? I haven't even seen a leaf rake in over 3 years!!! I think I'm going to decree a new family rule. No weddings, babies or birthdays are allowed in the months off October through April if it means we have to come up here where it is COLD!!! ;)


Here's a little picture of all my cutie putooties when we stopped for lunch on our drive from Charleston to Asheville. But we all ended up in our polar fleece sweaters before we made it to much father.



I'll do my best to post again in the the next couple of days. But I'm telling you right now I'm really happy that I only have one daughter because this mother of the bride business is really a lot of work!! <> Just don't let Mette know I'm really enjoying every minute of it !!!
The rest of the kids and grandkids arrive in a couple of days, so making any kind of promises would only be pie crust ones if even that!!!
Have a most audacious today or tomorrow depending on where in the world you are p;)

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh yes, you've hit the ground running! Glad to see you made it safe and sound...sorry it's a bit chilly here in the U.S. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures this week when you can post. :-)

sharon said...

This is wonderful Patti! I can hear the excitement in your voice!! Thinking of you and hoping everything is just perfect!! Love your patooties too.... soooo cute!

stregata said...

Sooooo nice to hear from you! Yes, it is indeed cold in the Northlands. We have fallen leaves and bare trees and FOG! And COLD! Did I mention cold? Hope you stay bundled up and have a most wonderful time!!!

SharDon Exclusives said...

Have a wonderful time with family & friends, weddings & cute pattooties are precious. Just enjoy each day. Right now Georgia and North Carolina's weather stinks but you will make all the sunshine for everyone around you. ENJOY!!!
Sharon

Tristan Robin said...

Lovin' the pups! How adorable.

It's interesting how the seasons look so different in different parts of the country.

North Carolina autumn doesn't look like New England autumn at alL!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

How exciting! We can't wait to see the pictures. Have a great time.

Esther said...

lovely patti.. please.; want you email me.. i need your D adress ..

LuLu Kellogg said...

BS...I am so glad you all made it safe and sound! The pictures were gorgeous of the leaves. I know this week will be hectic but I do hope you all will enjoy yourselves! I can't wait to see pics of everything.

Love,
LS, The Commander and the Furbabies xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hola Pattie,
Enjoy the wedding, Fall and the cold!!! :)
I will visit you again once you get back.
Hugs,

Charmingdesigns said...

You are so funny. Scared of the leaves falling.lol. Cant wait to see more photos.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin