Monday, November 16, 2009

The Bestest Birthday Ever!!!!



Things are starting to return to normal around our little yellow casa. We have wash caught up and I've been slowly whittling down the save to do later pile. You know the hem that needs to be mended, button added, setting traps for the dust bunnies behind the bed! :)


I decided to take a quick break and share some of my Birthday pictures. I turned 54 on November the 4th. Some years that date slips by without to much fanfare but not this year. This year I spent my Birthday with the most important people in my life. Yup, it's been a whole bunch of years since all the famdamily was together in one place to celebrate the "mom's" birthday! :) Those of you who have grown kids know just how special and remarkable this feat is!!! Those of you with young families at home will understand what kind of miracle this is in a few short years!!!! Well in an effort to catch up and stock up on Birthday celebrations I used any and all occasions to declare this was a Mom Bday party!!!!


Here are a few pictures of our ever increasing family celebrating Mom's Bday at a local Charleston "Rib Joint" :)


Here he is Little Mister Dylan!!! Who would believe he was a year old on the first of Oct.???? Why, wasn't it just last week when I went to Idaho to welcome him to the family him???


He has teeth, walks &falls and picks himself up all by himself, says Daa Da and has 3 more red hairs then he had at birth!! :)

Nope not Mr Clean, it's Dylan's papa and my oldest son Peder. And yes he and Dylan do have the same hair stylist :) Ahhhh there's Mette my first born, I might be a bit bias but even without makeup, up swept hair, and white gown I think she is adorable !! Now we have one more to add to the family, Joe, I'm not sure he completely realizes just what he has married into--Quirky is a good descriptive word!



Here is Dylan's mom Lindsy and his half brother Christian.



Then there's "Baby makes thre..five" The youngest boy and coincidentally the youngest child, Anders. Trying to sneak out of camera range is the last (at least currently, for 5 minutes anyway, well okay I have a good chance of being right cuz no one has called with the "Guess what Mom???? I'm...") member of the family, Ander's partner Tim. Wheeuugh I think I got everyone in the picture. What???? Where is LW???? He is safely sitting right next to me . Oh and me???? I'm the 54 year old with the huge smile on her face and a heart bursting with love and pride for my not so small or ordinary brood!!!! :)




I have declared tomorrow a create art day!!! I can't wait any longer. I haven't made any art in over 2 weeks and I have all these ideas and tons of lovely new beads just waiting to be let out to play!!! :)
Have a most audacious today or tomorrow depending on where in the world you are p;)

11 comments:

stregata said...

What a lovely family!! And a very belated Happy Birthday! May your days be filled with health, happiness and art!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday (even though it is late)! I turned 55 this year and had all 4 of my kids with us for my celebration, so I know what you mean.
Have fun with your art making...I'm keeping busy making Christmas gifts.

Cindy said...

Happy belated birthday, Pattie! Ours are just 2 days apart. :-) Thanks for sharing the pictures...and have fun creating tomorrow!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Wonderful photos and happy belated birthday! Now get to crafting! It's been way too long.

SummersStudio said...

Happy belated birthday Pattie! You share the same birthdate as my oldest. With grown up children of my own, I understand completely how special it is to celebrate with the whole family. What a very special birthday for you. Have a wonderful day creating.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

All that honey red hair!!!! Ooo, I bet the tempers flared...lol...just teasing. What a fine buncha folks.

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Tristan Robin said...

what a fine lively-looking family - you must be very proud indeed!

my best (however belated) birthday wishes!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Happy Belated Birthday BS!

I can't believe how much Dylan has grown! Eeeeeeeek! I remember when he was just born! Time flies.

Loved seeing the pictures of your family. I know you are glad be back home in your nest.

Love,
LS, The Big C, The Furbabies and #2

Charmingdesigns said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!
Have fun tomorrow!!

Esther said...

happy birthday pattie!!!!

icandy... said...

You have a wonderful place here... and such a beautiful family!
Happy day to you!
Christina

Blog Widget by LinkWithin