Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Very Quiet Saturday


So here it is 9:30 on a Saturday evening and we are still in our sweats ;) It was just one of those days. You know the kind I'm talking about.



Wake up without a whole lot of ambition, dink around reading the papers (on line for us) having morning coffee and before you know it "Where in the heck did the morning go??" Jeez it's almost noon think we should think about a shower, I suppose but let me just get this done. Okay I'm ready. Oh it'll be just a minute I sorta started this while I was waiting for you to finish your project. No problem, I can check my mail. Okay I'm ready , oh jeez hang on just a minute I'm right in the middle of answering this email..... The next time you run into each other it's now 4 PM, Oh heck why bother now it's so late :)

And so that's the way today went. It's not like we got nothing done I started decoupaging a nasty looking fiberboard cabinet for more stash room. LW worked on the kitchen sink facet that insists on leaking. See we did do things we just did then without getting cleaned up for the day. Which is sometimes a good idea cuz you are guaranteed to be stuck at home. I mean I'm not willing to take the risk of causing the emotional scarring of young children or the elderly :) We are also not willing to risk not being allowed back into the neighborhood.!!

So that pretty much limited our Saturday evening options to staying home listening to CDs and reading mysteries. Not exactly Mr & Mrs. Excitement but we like life this way these days.



Nope we didn't turn the TV on or put a DVD in, because we never replaced our TV when we moved here. We decided the old one we had took up to much room in the trailer(remember 5'/8' is not much room) We would buy a new one when we got here. That was 2&1/2 years ago. We really didn't watch much when we were up north so we didn't have any shows we just had to watch down here. Sure makes life kinda simple and it's one less piece of furniture that has to be dusted:)



Have a most audacious day or evening my Bloglandian friends depending on where in the world you are ;)

4 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh yes, I've had days like that...one thing leads to another, and still in my gown late in the day...!!!

I don't have a TV either. Haven't watched TV in oh, 40 years or so...don't go to movies, either...LOL...

Charmingdesigns said...

I'll be back to actually read your blog...but wanted to give you a shout...I'm so excited. I've never heard of that place. so I googled it. We'll go there. Tale of the Yak.. been there, but forgot about it...so its on the list...ever been to Lacis?? they have felting stuff now, so I'm going to go check it out. I'll be back later. Laurie

LuLu Kellogg said...

Well, I have you beat. It's 8:24pm and I am STILL in my jammers with my hair sticking straight up like I stuck my finger in a light socket :) (I did brush my teeth today...twice) Pinky swear!

LuLu~*xoxo

xashee's corner said...

aaahhhh those cozy, easy-going kind of days!! :D Thank you for sharing! Hope you have another WONDERFUL day!! :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin