Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Case of Blogger's Block



So here it is Thursday evening and I'm sitting in front of this magical machine waiting for something intelligent, interesting, funny, happy, heck sad, and stupid would even work. But nope can't even dig that up. Quite honestly it's rather boring around here and I'm feeling that way too. Weather is shhh..warm, the sun has been shinning, and tomorrow promises to be some more of the same. So no interesting news on that front. The city is in spiff and shine mode getting ready for Carneval next month. I quess I can show ya a few pictures of a couple of projects I finished up, and hope for this bit of Blogger's block blows on through.

Remember the softer then a cherub's bottom, bamboo yarn that I brought back from the Northlands??? Yeah the dreamy creamy ivory yarn that I started an afghan/throw with. Well here it is finished. I added a bit of tea dyed crochet lace to the ends. I bet you guys are wondering if I make anything I don't stick dyed cotton lace on. Well of course there are a few things. I haven't convinced LW to let me sew it on his jeans ( yet ). But I just figure that with all the lace I buy from at little store down the street, I'm keeping food on the families table! :) 



You don't happen to think that I have taken leave of my senses huh??? 5 dogs and I knit a white throw!! Not to worry this it's going into my little girly girl, dressing, boudoir,siesta salon room. The little room across from the upstairs bathroom. The one that is storing all the hiking/camping gear. That is, as soon as LW gets it located into the work room :)



For act 2: remember that oh sooooo lovely candle stand I drug home from the junk store a couple of week ago??



Yes well it only cost about a dollar. And I figured a coat of crackle medium, white paint topped off with my new most favorite antiquing secret weapon couldn't hurt it.





I guess I have gotten a tiny bit obsessed with the whole rust thing but it is just so way cool I can't help myself. :)



So there you have it. That's about all I've been up to. I did break down and drag out some copper wire and garnets to play with. I'll show you on my next post. I'll say goodnight with a last little shot of sepia cuz I know I'm not the only one out there who has a soft spot for it. Besides I started with a sepia picture might as well end with one ;)



Today is a perfect day to create, no matter where in the world you are  p;)

9 comments:

pam q said...

Well, the sun was shining here today too, but I sure could do with some of that warm stuff!

Your afghan looks wonderful!

Perfect girly/camping gear room decor!

But oh my! That candle stand turned out just gorgeous!!!

Very funky with just the right amount of rust.

I gotta get me some of that stuff....

Can't wait to see the jewels!!!!!!

ByLightOfMoon said...

I am inspired, thanks!
Smiles, Cyndi

stregata said...

That candle stand looks great now! And could you pass over that warm looking little afghan? It's chilly here... we had a bunch more snow last night and driving to the airport this morning with my husband was... not a nice thing. Enjoy the sun and the warm for me - I can't get the house to warm up...

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Your white throw looks so pretty!

I am into white lately -- OFF-white...just really loving those delicate hues.

Can't wait to see the garnet jewelry!

Cindy said...

Bloggers block, eh? You sure don't seem to be suffering from that, no way! You always have something to share, something witty to say! I LOVE what you did with the candle stand... it is FABULOUS now!.... maybe a tutorial in the future?? Inquiring minds would like to know how you worked that shabby chic magic! I'm one for sepia tones too...your pictures are gorgeous!

SummersStudio said...

Pattie, you do have a way with lace and rust! I got to touch some of that bamboo yarn recently. It is divine. I can just imagine snuggling up under your throw.

Coastal Sisters Too said...

Hey BS, #2 here...just FYI, Miss Piggy actually made it to the party, but when she arrived in all her DIVAness, the Secret Service delivered her to the Swedish Chef and he thought she'd make a lovely dish, so she wound up on the spit on the White House lawn out back! I think I heard someone say they found a few sequins in their pork dish =:O
Much love & humor from #2 xoxoxo PS LOVES the throw you made & that TO DIE FOR candle holder, WOWZA WOWZA nice job!!!

Riki Schumacher said...

Beautiful work Patti!! Love the throw, you talented thing. And the white wash candle holder is a home run! Great job. Riki

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What a great rust effect! How on earth did you get it to look so real????

Blog Widget by LinkWithin