Monday, December 22, 2008

Billie's Shoes


I don't know about you guys but I love when I have a chance to create something for someone, that has no idea I am. Talk about a mess of grammatical errors in one sentence :c) Our expat friends Billie and Lenny decided they were now finally old enough to get married ;c) Lenny is not quite ready to retire, but Billie is. So she spends 6 months here and Lenny comes for visits. Then she spends 6 months at their home in Florida with Lenny. So any way They decided to get married last June here before Billie closed up the house for the summer to live in Florida. The shoes she had for her dress were absolutely Cinderella beautiful!! Lace and satin,pearl beading all the things that make a fairy princess shoes. There was just a slight problem they didn't have her size BUT they did have a half size smaller. So she did what any girl face with this tiny inconvenience does she buys the perfect shoe and grins and bares it for the perfect outfit :c). Besides no matter how beautiful the shoes were they sure weren't going back on Billie's feet after the wedding.

Billie volunteers at the animal shelter and I volunteer for the wildlife rescue. Both organizations share a thrift store. So in walks Billie one day with her shoes to donate. For a number of months I'd see the shoes every time I was at the store. Each time I'd think surely there is something I can do with those. Finally a couple of months ago I came up with the thought of making a pincushion with one. Like many of us I have made pin cushions for friends out of their baby's shoes or a special basket, dish or other container. But I never made a pin cushion out of an adult size shoe. I went to the thrift store and bought the pair. Figuring I always had one to experiment with and one for a gift. Played around with it for a few days trying to get the "cushion" to fit the shoe and look decent. Not so easy cuz the shoes were T straps with only the toes and heels. When I was finished with all the fluffing and fru fruing (a word?) (Miss Billie is a real southern lady so can there ever be too much fru fruing?)I think it turned out to be very cute. :c)

Now all I had to do was wait and wait and wait for Billie to return for the season. Ha finally she got here the other day. I sent her a note today asking if they would be home cuz I needed to run something by. So this evening after we fed all the critters LW and I went over. I was so tickled when she was so surprised and thrilled with her "pin cushion" :c) I have to tell you there really is nothing like the feeling you get in your heart when a gift you create for someone brings them so much pleasure and happiness. Makes all those hours of redos, glue stuck in your hair, paper cuts, burnt fingers, more then worth it :c)

Here are a couple of pictures of Billies Pin cushion.



Without any comments on the weather here I'll bid you goodnight. So my Bloglandian friends have a wonderful day or evening (despite the winter weather) depending on what part of the world you are in :c)

10 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

What beautiful shoes - they look too dainty for my big 'hoofs'! And you did a wonderful job Pattie making it into a pincushion.

I thought I would just wish you a Merry Christmas now in case I don't get back on tomorrow....

Christina

L said...

Absolutely stunning, Pattie! Billie is a beautiful lady; I can just imagine her face lighting up at first glimpse of her new Wedding Shoe Pin Cushion! It was such a thoughtful thing to do for her, Pattie. Merry Christmas to you & LW! Lee

xashee's corner said...

absolutely BEAUTIFUL! i am not sure how i came across your blog but i sure have enjoyed looking through and reading your blog!!! Thank you so much for sharing your life!! Happy Holidays to you and i hope you have a safe New year too!! :D

Tracy M. said...

It turned out beautifully! What a lovely and thoughtful gift.
Felicidades!

The Feathered Nest said...

Pattie, your pincushion turned out just BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a wonderful idea....you know I love shoe pincushions ~ Thank you so much for your sweet Christmas wishes ~ I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Christmas sweet friend and a very happy, healthy new year, hugs and love all the way to Mexico!! xxoo, Dawn

Charmingdesigns said...

Thank you for not mentioning your weather.lol. Your shoe is stunning. Way to go!!! Merry Christmas!! Laurie

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Such a unique idea, and how cherished that pincushion will be! Your blog is just lovely...

Antiques In Old Town said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS ! Unfortunately Michelle was not set up at Lakewood this month... She will be coming to the shop to pick up her cart !

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Big Sis!

Pattie...Oh My Gracious...at the time I was reading your post about the Commander and his snoring, where you wrote "Ol Number 44" and then how LW sounds like a "boiler on overdrive, I had an ENTIRE mouthful of Diet Pepsi and started laughing so hard I spit it all over the screen on my laptop! hehehehe Poor thing, he really needs to have that laser surgery but won't do it. We have only been married 2 years so I am sure I will grow accustom to it :)

I just adore what you did with Billie's Cinderella shoe! What a fabulous idea and all the more special since you made it.

Merry Merry to you and LW!!

Love,
LuLu~*

Lady Katherine said...

I love those Shoes! Wow! You have made them, even more lovely!
Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! Home and tired Three family events today! Now the kitchen is waiting!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin