Friday, September 12, 2008

The Last Minute Club

I'm sure this never ever has happened to any one else out there in Blogandia. I'm sure that all of you plot your projects out on time lines, and are always finished with enough time to add a batch of home made truffles ;c} I however seem to belong to the "Last Minute Club" !!! And I'm proud of it! :c}

On Sept 19th 2008 (that's exactly 1 week away in case you were wondering) LW and I along with the two smallest of our herd; Rubi, 4mo chihuahua and Charli 10mo chihuahua. The rest of the herd Nena 18 mo street dog, Nickie 7yr old lab, and lastly Talli 11 yr old lab are staying home. We are packing up the Yellow Submarine (Xterra) and heading east for an 11 day vacation. Well I think holiday might be a better word cuz some folks say we are an a permanent vacation these days:c}. Our destination is a small colonial city in the state of Veracruz called Coatepec to visit a friend. It's up in the cloud forests where the old coffee bean plantations were. We will be staying with Debbie for 5 days. Now I don't know about you guys but my Mom tought her kids that you never go empty handed. Soooo I figured if you take a bottle of wine or a plant for a dinner invitation I was going to have to do a little more for a 5 night stay. I know I'll make her a jacket and while I'm at it I'll make one for me too!!

Around these parts we don't need much even in the winter which we refer to as the dry season. I found some great material that looks like it's pieced together with different textured and colored blocks. Wouldn't even have to line the puppy cuz it's already self lined. Then I can spend the time to add "stuff" in the squares. You know a real piece of wearable art :c} That kids was ummm 3-4 ummmm a few weeks ago.

As of Tuesday this is what I had accomplished on my master plan
As of Weds. this was what I had done.And here is where I am tonight

Cool how I painted in those red patches huh? Actually one coat has the red one has only the green. So actually I do have both put together and the edging and lace on the sleeves. Now that gives me a week to put the rest of the edging and lace on then doll up some of the patches, Huh I guess that's doable but what about the two skirts, two aprons and tote bag, that I have to make?? I'm wondering if I can get a battery pack for my sewing machine?? :c{

As I get ready for bed tonight I will keep the many folks as well as our bloglandian friends in the Galvaston coastal areas in my thoughts. The weather reports don't look too promising. I also would like to request that as our friends come through this storm that you please let your friends here in Bloglandia know that you are okay, and if there is anything we can do to help!!

3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Pattie this is gorgeous!!! You are quite the talented seamstress! I'm sure you'll be able to whip up a few more projects before you leave...hope you have a wonderful weekend, xxoo, Dawn

Charmingdesigns said...

What beautiful Jackets!! Cant wait to hear if you get the rest done!lolLaurie

Deb Neerman said...

OMigosh, this is AMAZIN'!!!! I love it ... you're soooooo talented that I have to hate you now.

LOLOL, I kid! Simply. Stunning. I can't wait to see more from your new blog!

~Hugs!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin